Honolulu Identity Theft Lawyer
You Need Solid Legal Counsel for Records-Related Crimes
Confidential information becomes more accessible and vulnerable to fraudulent activity as technology continues to advance. Because of the prevalence of computer crimes, states are passing laws to defend against identity theft. Our team at Myles S. Breiner Attorney at Law has the legal knowledge required to effectively address these cases.
Hawaii’s Identity Theft Laws
Identity theft crimes are a felony in Hawaii. They are classified as follows:
- Identity Theft in the 1st Degree — Transmitting another individual’s personal information through oral, written, or electronic means with the intention to commit a Class A felony, such as kidnapping, extortion, or murder.
- Identity Theft in the 2nd Degree — Transmitting the personal information of an individual through oral, written, or electronic means with the intention to commit second-degree theft.
- Identity Theft in the 3rd Degree — Utilizing the information of another person to commit theft in the third or fourth degree.
The Activities That Comprise Computer and Internet Crimes
You can be charged with using a computer to commit a crime if you use it with the intent to commit crimes such as:
- Child pornography
- Computer hacking
- Electronic fraud
- Electronic enticement of a child in the first and second degrees
- Indecent electronic display to a child
Computer crimes can lead to misdemeanor or felony charges. They come with harsh penalties such as significant fines and restitution and possible jail time. At Myles S. Breiner Attorney at Law, we firmly believe that everyone deserves a quality defense. We will defend your interests to the best of our capabilities.
Contact Us for Experienced Representation
We go above and beyond to provide you with a comprehensive and effective defense. We also offer flexible payment plans to help ease your financial burden.