Corporate Crime Attorney in Honolulu
Have You Been Charged with a Corporate Crime? Your Next Move Matters.
Public and government awareness of corporate crimes has never been higher than it is today. Individuals charged with these types of crimes are held in low public opinion. Our legal team at Myles S. Breiner Attorney at Law listens to your concerns and collaborates with you to create a solid defense against corporate crimes.
Corporate Crimes Defined
Corporate crimes overlap with white-collar crimes. The two are associated with corporations and professionals. These crimes can give rise to state or federal felony charges. Some corporate crimes encompass criminal activity being conducted within a legal business. In other cases, a corporation may be formed with the intent of concealing and laundering money originating from criminal enterprises. Any employee, whether a top-level executive or a low-ranking worker, can commit a corporate crime.
Our firm has broad experience in handling corporate crimes, such as:
- Embezzlement — Misappropriation of funds that you have access to or have been entrusted with for your own benefit.
- Money laundering — Disguising money that are proceeds from illegal activities such as gambling and prostitution.
- Environmental crimes, such as illegal dumping — Using illegal methods to dispose of waste and pollutants.
- Corruption — A form of criminal activity undertaken by a person or organization in a position of authority, typically to obtain some pecuniary or other advantages.
- Bribery — Giving a public official something valuable with the corrupt purpose of manipulating the official’s public conduct or obtaining something of value as an incentive to commit fraud or breach duty.
What Happens if I Am Accused of Embezzlement?
Most employees who are charged with embezzlement are intimidated by their employer into signing a confession. Your defense will be significantly reduced. Do not sign anything. Usually, business owners are more interested in their reputation and are amenable to negotiating a suitable settlement out of court.
You can depend on a defense attorney who is experienced in corporate crimes to help resolve your case. Our team at Myles S. Breiner Attorney at Law have a proven track record of successfully negotiating mutually beneficial agreements. In addition, we have wide experience in litigation to protect your rights, should your case proceed to trial.
Schedule a Meeting with Us Today
Our firm is dedicated to fighting the most challenging corporate cases. We serve clients throughout Hawaii and work around any schedule. We also offer flexible payment plans for your convenience.