Client and gavel

What to Do After Sustaining Injuries at Work

There are jobs where employees are exposed to high levels of safety risks. Employers often purchase workers’ compensation insurance for their employees. These plans will help pay for the medical costs that injured workers may incur.

What do you need to do when you get injured at work? Here are the general steps you should take:

  • Seek medical treatment.

    Obtain the necessary treatment procedure for your situation as soon as possible. When seeking treatment, go with one authorized by the Workers’ Compensation Board. The Board, depending on the state’s regulations, may either allow or disallow an insurance claim related to this situation.

  • Inform your immediate supervisor or employer.

    Notify them in writing about what happened and how the injury happened. You must inform the employer within 30 days after the accident that got you injured. It will be good to ask a defense attorney about the specific duration in your state.

  • Fill out and submit a claim’s form.

    You will have to submit this form along with other requirements to the Board. Taking advantage of legal service in Honolulu, Hawaii may be necessary if the employer refuses to honor your claim.

Myles S. Breiner Attorney at Law – A Law Corporation is here to help you obtain the benefits you deserve. We provide criminal defense in Hawaii.