Sexual harassment comes in different forms. This can come from co-workers, supervisors, customers, or random strangers outside. Acts of sexual harassment range from unwanted touching, inappropriate jokes and comments, or offering you a favor in exchange for sexual favors.
You see, sexual harassment doesn’t always have to be “sexual.” It can also be intimidation, teasing, or comments based on stereotypes about your sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Before you seek legal service in Honolulu, Hawaii, here are a few steps you’ll have to go through:
- If you are comfortable, ask the individual in question to stop.
- Study your company’s policies and complaint processes.
- Write everything down and be as specific as possible. Include dates, time, locations, what was said, and etc.
- Report the problem to your HR or your boss. Myles S. Breiner Attorney at Law – A Law Corporation recommends that you do this in writing – like an email or a printed letter.
- Talk to a defense attorney.
It’s one thing to read about the steps and another thing when it’s time to take action. You may get confused if it is time to invest in criminal defense in Hawaii or not. If that is the case, feel free to call us through 808-526-3426 so you can receive a free consultation and we can also help clear things out for you.