Your Next Move Is Very Important
Public and government awareness of corporate crimes has never been higher. Public opinion is decidedly against those charged with these types of crimes. At the Law Offices of Myles S. Breiner, our legal team listens to your concerns and works with you to develop a strong defense against corporate crimes.
What Are Corporate Crimes?
Corporate crimes overlap with white collar crimes, and both are associated with corporations and professionals. These crimes can result in state or federal felony charges. Some corporate crimes involve criminal activity being conducted within a legitimate business. In other instances, a corporation may be established for the purpose of laundering and concealing money derived from criminal enterprises. Any employee can commit a corporate crime, from top-level executives to low-ranking workers.
Our firm has extensive experience dealing with corporate crimes, including:
- Embezzlement — Taking money that you have access to, or have been entrusted with, for your own personal gain
- Money laundering — Concealing money that are proceeds from specified unlawful activities like prostitution and gambling
- Environmental crimes, such as illegal dumping — Disposing of waste and pollutants using illegal methods
- Corruption — Violating established ideals and using a position of authority for personal profit
- Bribery — Giving a public official something of value with the corrupt purpose of influencing the official's public conduct or receiving something of value as an inducement to commit a fraud or violate a duty
What If I Am Accused Of Embezzlement?
Most employees who are accused of embezzling are intimidated by their employer into signing a confession. If you sign such a document, your defense will be significantly impeded. You should not sign anything. Generally, business owners are more concerned about their reputation and are willing to negotiate an appropriate settlement out of court.
Rely on a defense attorney well-versed in corporate crimes to resolve your case. At the Law Offices of Myles S. Breiner, we have a proven track record of successfully negotiating mutually beneficial agreements. We also have extensive litigation experience to defend your rights should your case proceed to trial.
Schedule An Appointment Today
Our firm is dedicated to fighting the most challenging corporate cases. We serve clients throughout Hawaii and work around any schedule. We also offer flexible payment plans for your convenience. Call the Law Offices of Myles S. Breiner at 808-526-3426 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.